26 August 2008

sun is urzeni (revisited)

urzeni = sun (noun) (some things Google found for "urzeni": an uncommon to rare term; a masculine first name that can be Brazilian; several user names from Turkey, may mean something in Turkish)

Word derivation for "sun" :
Basque = eguzki, Finnish = aurinko
Miresua = urzeni

For this revision I just swapped a letter around. My previous word for "sun" was "zureni". Since both the Basque and Finnish words start with vowels, I'd like my Miresua word to start with a vowel too, although that isn't an absolute rule. Also, putting two consonants in a row better resembles the letter pattern in the Basque and Finnish words.

If you think "urzeni" is an odd word for "sun", take a look at the Finnish and Basque words. In Lhaesine, my totally made-up conlang, my word for "sun" is "zere", which is much simpler.

This Miresua conlang word has been changed. The word for "sun" is now "ugenki".

No comments: