26 November 2008

dream is inas (revisited)

inas = dream (noun) (some things Google found for "inas": a very common term; INAS-FID is the International Sports Federation for Persons with Intellectual Disability; InAs refers to indium arsenide which is a semiconductor material; Inas is an Arabic feminine first name (means friendliness in Arabic); a last name; Inas (or Ine) was a king of Wessex in the late 7th century; means sinewy and manservant in Hungarian; name of cities in Philippines, Spain and Turkey)

Word derivation for "dream":
Basque = amets, Finnish = uni
Miresua = inas

Previously my Miresua conlang word for dream was nais. For this new word, I rearranged the letters. As both the Basque and the Finnish words for dream start with a vowel, so should my Miresua word. It's one of my self-imposed rules that I try to follow.

This Miresua conlang word has been changed. The word for dream is now unes.

No comments: