22 February 2009

daughter is tyla (revisited)

tyla = daughter (noun) (some things Google found for "tyla": a common term: a masculine first name notably vocalist of the rock band The Dogs D'Amour and motocross world champion Tyla Rattray; a feminine first name; TYLA is an acronym for Texas Young Lawyers Association; a last name; means "silence" in Lithuanian; a town in Russia)

Word derivation for "daughter" :
Basque = alaba, Finnish = tytär
Miresua = tyla

My previous word for "daughter" was "ätyla". I dropped one letter. Miresua words can be one letter shorter than the average length of the Basque and Finnish words.

I changed my word for "daughter" to make it look more like my word for "girl" which is "tynsa". Also I wasn't happy that "ätyla" would be pronounced in Miresua similar to Attila, as in Attlia the Hun.

This Miresua conlang word has been changed. The word for daughter is now tabar.

No comments: