14 April 2009

autumn is küsyne (revisited)

küsyne = autumn (season) (noun and adjective) (some things Google found for "kusyne": a very rare term; may be a user name; perhaps a last name; similarly named Küsyen is the name of a city in Turkey which is also called Gosyan)

Word derivation for "autumn" :
Basque = udazken, Finnish = syksy
Miresua = küsyne

Previously my word for autumn was küseda. I'm revising this word becuase my Miresua word for summer is now seda, and I didn't want to make my word for autumn look like it's a compound word.

In Basque the word for autumn appears to be a compound word of summer and perhaps "less or minus".

The ü is derived from my combination of the u from the Basque word and one y from the Finnish word.

This Miresua conlang word has been changed. I'm removing the ü (u umlaut). The word for autumn is now udaksy.

No comments: