20 July 2009

cow is hebä (revisited)

hebä = cow (creature) (noun) (some things Google found for "heba" and "hebä": a common term; Heba is a feminine first name which may be Arabic; Heba appears as user names; Heba is a last name; Heba Fastighets AB is a Swedeish residential property management company; Abdi-Heba was king of Jerusalem about 1400 B.C.; hebä may mean something in Switzerland; Heba is the name of cities in China, Iraq, and Albania)

Word derivation for "cow" :
Basque = behi, Finnish = lehmä
Miresua = hebä

My previous Miresua conlang word for cow was häbe. This is a minor change. I swapped the vowels around because both the Basque and Finnish words have E as the second letter.

My word definition of hebä should not be seen as a comment about people and things called Heba. I have nothing against anyone or anything named Heba. This is merely a word in my made-up, conlang language.

This Miresua conlang word has been changed. The word for cow is now lehi.

No comments: