06 August 2014

three is kire (revisited)

kire = three (number) (adjective) (some things Google found for "kire": a uncommon term; an unusual first name that is often masculine and Macedonian; an unusual last name; name of an apparently no longer brewed Japanese beer; KIRE tractor trailers of Estonia; Kire (aka Giri) is a language of Papua New Guinea; in Hungarian a form of the interrogative pronoun meaning who; in Japanese (romaji) means sharpness; cloth; slice; name of a places in Virginia and Indonesia)

Word derivation for "three" :
Basque = hiru, Finnish = kolme
Miresua = kire

Yes, I know that I just revised the word for three recently. I'm tweaking words. My previous Miresua conlang word for three was hirme, which was somewhat similar to my new word for ten, hamen. As a bunch of numbers in Finnish from 1-10 start with the letter k, I could use another Miresua number starting with k.

The word three occurs many times in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. This quote is from the chapter 7: A Mad Tea-Party.
The table was a large one, but the three were all crowded together at one corner of it: "No room! No room!" they cried out when they saw Alice coming.

No comments: