31 December 2015

bread is olpi (revisited)

olpi = bread (noun) (Some things Google found for "olpi"; an uncommon term; OLPI is an acronym for Our Lady of the Pillar's Institution the former name of Our Lady of the Pillar College - Cauayan in the Philippines; OLPI stands for Operadora Logística de Puertos Interiores (Inland Ports Logistics Operator) of Mexico; Olpi Chocolates of Brazil; a rare last name; similar Olpiny is a village in Poland)

Word derivation for "bread":
Basque = ogi (bread, wheat), Finnish = leipä (bread, loaf)
Miresua = olpi

My previous Miresua conlang word for bread was golä. I redid this word to not end in Ä, plus to use the common letter I.

I don't usually post words on odd numbered days. I was just too tired last night. Let's pretend that this word was posted instead on the 30th, OK?

I found the word bread seven times in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
The first witness was the Hatter. He came in with a teacup in one hand and a piece of bread-and-butter in the other.

No comments: