02 October 2011

girl is teskö (revisited)

tesköteskö = girl (noun) (some things Google found for "tesko": a common term; Tesko Suicide is the title of a 1996 alternative rock song by The Sneaker Pimps; Tesko Enterprises of Illinois offers custom metal fabrication and laser cutting; an unusual last name; similar teško means difficult, heavily in Croatian; similar Tesco is a grocery and general merchandise retailer headquartered in the UK)

Word derivation for "girl" :
Basque = neska, Finnish = tyttö
Miresua = teskö

My previous Miresua conlang word for girl was tynsa. Changing this word wrecks havoc with the title of my seldom updated Miresua grammar blog, Tynsa Ireba. And I liked the word tynsa. But I have to modify the blog title anyway because I earlier altered the word for green. To tell you the truth, I want to use that ö, those letters are uncommon.

No comments: