06 April 2010

warm is ämel (revisited)

ämelämel = warm (adjective) (some things Google found for "amel"or "ämel": a very common term; Amel is a feminine first name; Amel is a last name; user names; Amel is a spirit in the novel Queen of the Damned by Anne Rice; Amel is the name of cities in Belgium and France)

Word derivation for "warm":
Basque = epel, Finnish = lämmin
Miresua = ämel

My previous Miresua conlang word for "warm" was "lemel". I didn't like that it took a L from each the Basque word and the Finnish word. I made the new word shorter. There are plenty of 5-letter words in Miresua, I can always use more 4-letter words.

The word graphic is slighty different, less shadowing. The logo package I usually use still isn't working for the letter A with an umlaut.

Update - replaced word graphic with one from logo package.

No comments: