22 April 2010

faith is deko

dekodeko = faith (noun) (some things Google found for "deko": a very common term; Avid Deko is a real-time graphic package for TV broadcasters; DEKO Tile is a company in California; Deko Lounge in New Jersey; a last name; Deko Boko Friends was an animated children's TV show; In the Star Wars Universe The Battle of Deko Neimoidia was fought during the Clone Wars; means "ten" in Esperanto; name of cities in Ethiopia, Mali, Ivory Coast, Central African Republic, and Congo)

Word derivation for "faith (belief)":
Basque = fede, Finnish = usko
Miresua = deko

This Miresua word uses the letters at the ends of the Basque and the Finnish words. I didn't care to deal with the F from the Basque word. In Miresua I don't allow the letter F, although I can transliterate F to V. I decided to start the word with D, because I don't have many Miresua words that begin with D.

The Basque word appears to be derived from Latin. In Latin faith is fides.

No comments: