24 October 2007

moon is kuila (redone)

kuila = moon (noun) (some things Google found for "kuila": an uncommon term; a last name which can be Indian or Fijian; an artist that performs of music from the kingdom of Tonga; user names; name of places in Burkina Faso and Solomon Islands)

Word derivation for "moon":
Basque = ilargi, Finnish = kuu
Miresua = kuila

In Basque and Finnish the words for month are similar to their words for moon. This makes sense. The English words are similar too. Upon consideration, I decided to redo my word in the Miresua conlang for moon. My previous Miresua word for moon was kigul.

My new word for moon, kuila, is a more obvious combination of Finnish and Basque than usual. Letters from both languages are used in order. I generally like to scramble letters and their positions.

This Miresua conlang word has been changed. The word for moon is now kurgi.

No comments: