18 May 2008

book is bikura

bikura = book (noun) (some things Google found for "bikura": an uncommon to rare term; the Israel Science Foundation has Bikura grants and fellowships; in the science fiction book Hyperion by Dan Simmons (good book!) the Bikura are an ancient people infected by parasites called cruciforms; a Hebrew feminine first name meaning "firstborn daughter"; user names)

Word derivation for "book" :
Basque = liburu, Finnish = kirja
Miresua = bikura

I mixed the Basque and Finnish words for "book" and came out with a word with some similarity to English. I speak English, so I guess that happens. I like that one of the meanings I found for "bikura" is from a book I've read and enjoyed.

This Miresua conlang word has been changed. The word for book is now lirju.

No comments: