02 August 2009

pig is sarri (revisited)

sarri = pig (creature) (noun) (some things Google found for "sarri": an uncommon term; "Sarri, Sarri" is a song in Basque by the group Kortatu; a last name which can be Finnish or Spanish or Italian; user names; a Hebrew feminine first name; a misspelling of sari which is a garment worn by females in the Indian subcontinent; means "often, frequent" in Basque)

Word derivation for "pig" :
Basque = txerri, Finnish = sika
Miresua = sarri

My previous word for pig was serki. Nothing against that word, I wanted to use the rr from Basque. I don't usually like to define words that mean something in either Basque or Finnish, but this time I'll make an exception.

This word is a Miresua word for a type of animal. My definition is not in any way intended to be a comment about people or things named sarri.

This Miresua conlang word has been changed. The word for pig is now sirri.

No comments: