22 August 2011

dark is ulme

ulme = dark (adjective) (some things Google found for "ulme": a very common term; ULMe are a German rock band; means elm in German; user names; an unusual last name; means smolder in Norwegian; similar ulmeühing means "sci-fi society" in Estonian; name of cities in North Korea, Portugal and Pakistan)

Word derivation for "dark" :
Basque = ilun, Finnish = pimeä
Miresua = ulme

I tried to use the P from the Finnish word, as well as the common letter I, but I didn't care for the letter combinations I came up with, some had crude meanings in other languages.

There is another Finnish adjective for dark, tumma, which means dark colored. The Finnish word I'm using, pimeä, means dark, unlit, lack of light. My Miresua conlang word, ulme, contains letters from both Finnish words.

This Miresua conlang word has been changed. I'm making two words for dark. The word for dark (lack of light) is now ilmeä.

No comments: