24 July 2012

star is tizä (revisited)

tizä = star (noun) (some things Google found for "tiza": a very common term; an unusual last name; an unusual feminine first name; TIZA.com sells Prom Dresses; TiZA is an acronym for Tarek ibn Ziyad Academy, a controversial Islamic-themed charter school in Minnesota; tiza and tizä are user names; name of a font; means chalk in Spanish; La Tiza is a town in Panama; name of places in the Philippines, Ghana and Algeria)

Word derivation for "star" :
Basque = izar, Finnish = tähti
Miresua = tizä

My previous Miresua conlang word for star was itzä, which was an OK word, but too similar to my word for very, itso. Earlier, I changed my word for wolf from isto to suto for exactly the same reason. My new word is somewhat similar to my word for sky or heaven, taizu, but I think it's different enough in pronunciation.

No comments: