14 May 2015

that is huo

huo = that (pronoun) (demonstrative pronoun) (Some things Google found for "huo": a very common term; a Chinese last name; Huo Yuanjia (1868-1910) was a Chinese martial artist; with pinball machines HUO is an acronym for Home Use Only; in World of Warcraft Huo is the Spirit of Fire, an NPC elemental character)

Word derivation for "that":
Basque = hori, Finnish = tuo
Miresua = huo

The word that appears numerous times in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, but often as a conjunction or a determiner instead of a pronoun.
Last came a little feeble, squeaking voice, ("That's Bill," thought Alice,) "Well, I hardly know -- No more, thank ye; I'm better now -- but I'm a deal too flustered to tell you -- all I know is, something comes at me like a Jack-in-the-box, and up I goes like a sky-rocket!"

No comments: