30 May 2015

bird is txitu (revisited)

txitu = bird (noun) (Some things Google found for "txitu": a unusual term; user names; similar txistu is a Basque fipple flute (end-blown flute) with three-holes; txitu‑ò appears in a New Testament translation in Karajá which is an indigenous language of central Brazil; similar Chitu is the name of a horse that raced in the 2014 Kentucky Derby)

Word derivation for "bird" :
Basque = txori, Finnish = lintu
Miresua = txitu

My previous Miresua word for bird was tirlu, which was an odd alphabetic scramble I constructed back in 2009. For my new word, I thought I'd let my word for bird start with TX. In Miresua, as in Basque, TX is pronounced like CH.

The word bird, plus birds, occurs a dozen times in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
"Very true," said the Duchess: "flamingoes and mustard both bite. And the moral of that is -- 'Birds of a feather flock together.'"

"Only mustard isn't a bird," Alice remarked.

No comments: