02 February 2008

lead is lünir (revisited)

lünir = lead (metal) (some things Google found for "lunir": an uncommon to rare term; user names; a misspelling of lunar; a masculine character name; may be a first name; may mean something in Welsh and in Hungarian but I didn't not find them in my dictionaries; Lunir may be a name for the Strait of Messina which divides Calabria from Sicily)

Word derivation for "lead" (metal):
Basque = berun, Finnish = lyijy
Miresua = lünir

My previous word for "lead" was "binür", which took all the consonants from the Basque word.  I think my new word is a better alphabetic mixture of the Basque and Finnish words.  The "ü" comes from my conlang rule that allows me to exchange the two "y"s in the Finnish word for one "ü".  The "y" in Finnish is pronounced like "ü" in Miresua.

This Miresua conlang word has been revised to remove ü (u umlaut). The word for "lead" is now "lyrun".

No comments: