14 January 2015

neck is laupo (revisited)

laupo = neck (noun) (some things Google found for "laupo": an unusual term; a rare first name; user names; gaming character names; may be a Germanic word which means marshy meadows; a very rare last name; similar Lake Taupo in New Zealand; name of a place in the Brittany region of France)

Word derivation for "neck" :
Basque = lepo, Finnish = kaula
Miresua = laupo

This is the word for the part of body and the tapered part of a bottle.

OK, let's try this again. I'm redoing the word I did in my previous post, only 4 days ago. My previous Miresua conlang word for neck was kaupo, which I realized after publishing it, didn't use the letter L. I try to utilize letters that are in both the Basque word and the Finnish word.

I found seven occurrences of the word neck in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, here's another one of them:
...before she had drunk half the bottle, she found her head pressing against the ceiling, and had to stoop to save her neck from being broken.

No comments: