06 July 2008

horse is heldan (revisited)

heldan = horse (noun) (animal) (some things Google found for "heldan"; an uncommon term; The Heldan is the title of a fantasy book by Deborah Talmadge-Bickmore; Heldan Galesong is a NPC fisherman game character in World of Warcraft; a last name that can be Finnish; user names; misspelling of the name of dance music record producer and remixer Armand Van Helden)

Word derivation for "horse" :
Basque = zaldi, Finnish = hevonen
Miresua = heldan

This word has been changed. My previous Miresua word for horse was lehoza.

I'm looking back at some of the earlier words I created in Miresua. Now I that I've been working on this conlang for several years, and I'm more experienced at combining the available letters, I can see that some words in this created language work better (and look better) than others.

This word has been revised. My new Miresua word for horse is zaven.

No comments: