14 December 2009

witch is noigan (revisited)

noigannoigan = witch (noun) (some things Google found for "noigan": an uncommon to rare term; user names; Noigan Primary School in Cheragany in Rift Valley of Kenya; an unusual last name; an Israeli website that sells garden furniture and decorative wine barrels; somewhat similarily named Noigandres group for concrete poetry in Brazil)

Word derivation for "witch" :
Basque = sorgin, Finnish = noita
Miresua = noigan

My previous Miresua conlang word for "witch" was "agiron". I redid the word to begin with a consonant, like the Basque and Finnish words.

My word definition should not be seen as a comment about people and things called "noigan". I have nothing against anyone or anything named "noigan". This is merely a word in my conlang language.

No comments: