02 November 2010

am (I am) is oin (revisited)

oinoin = am (verb "to be"/"to exist" - I am - 1st person singular) (some things Google found for "oin"; a very common term; OIN is an acronym for Open Invention Network; Oin-Oin is a simpleton character of Swiss folklore; Óin is a dwarf of Norse mythology and is the name of a couple dwarves in J.R.R. Tolkien's writings; means "foot" in Basque; a plural form of the noun "oka" meaning "thorns" in Finnish; Oin (or Oin-dong) is the name of a city in South Korea; name of a town in Galicia)

Word derivation for "am" or "I am" (to exist) :
Basque = nais, Finnish = olen
Miresua = oin

My previous Miresua conlang word for "am" was "onin". I decided to shorten this word by dropping an n. Usually I avoid choosing words that have meanings in both Basque and Finnish.

This post starts a series of revisions of conjugations of an important verb. Yes, I have been working on verbs.

No comments: